What makes certain homes for sale in Winter Garden, FL stand out from others? According to the real estate experts at Southern Heritage Realty, it is the fact that some homes have been properly staged, while others have not. And a home stager will tell you that makes all the difference.
Why is staging important? People buying homes are not just looking for a structure in which to dwell. They are looking for a home that will give them the lifestyle they desire and a place to help them make their dreams come true. Staging helps buyers envision your home as their own.
How to Stage Your Home In Winter Garden, FL for Sale:
- Deep clean the house. People will not pay top dollar for a kitchen that is grease covered or a bathroom with mildew on the walls. Dust, mop, vacuum, sweep, scrub, whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Declutter. The more “stuff” you have in your home, the smaller it feels. You are moving anyway. Get rid of anything you no longer need, that doesn’t fit, or that you just don’t like. Start packing early and put lesser used items in storage.
- Remove odors. Once you deep clean and declutter, you should not have any lingering unpleasant odors. However, have a friend come over and take a tour of the house. Ask if he or she smells anything odd, unpleasant or distracting. If there is a smell, find the source and get rid of it.
- Depersonalize the space. This is one of the main points a home stager will emphasize. Your family photos are great for you, but they can distract potential buyers. When decluttering, put away those photos. Keep the toys corralled and put away. Pack away your beloved collection of bears. You want a warm, inviting space, but without your personal touches.
- Give each room a defined purpose. Potential buyers want to see that every room in your home has a practical use. That junk room of yours makes a great guest room or home office. The finished basement can work as a rec room or a home workshop.
- Make home repairs. Every hole in the wall or missing piece of molding is a distraction for a potential buyer. Your home should look like it is in good condition, so get all those minor repairs done before the home goes on the market.
- Bring in the light. Natural light is a feature you must leverage. Open up the windows and clean the glass. When it comes to homes for sale in Winter Garden, FL natural light can be the difference it takes to sell your home.
These steps will help you prepare your home for sale. If you don’t want to do them yourself, you can hire a professional home stager to do the work for you. When it comes to homes for sale in Winter Garden, FL it is important to have a great real estate team at your side. The agents at Southern Heritage Realty are here to help you. Give us a call today.